CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Deer vs The Mustang

I was headed home from skool in Cedar at about 2 o'clock on the afternoon of Monday, September the 29th. The day was a beautiful one. I drove along with the top down admiring the fall foliage. For once in my life I was not speeding, for I was enjoying the spender of the glorious fall day. All of a sudden an image of a running deer popped into the corner of my right eye. I instinctively turned my head and slammed on my breaks at the same time. POOOOOOOOOW!! SMMACKKK! THUMP!!!! The deer made a direct hit on the bumper of the mighty stallion. it then flew up in the air and was attempting to take a seat in my lap, but was blocked by the windshield, and was knocked to the road. I, being the obsessive hunter, looked in my rear view mirror at the deer laying in the middle of the road and the first thing I looked for was whether or not it was a doe or a buck. (are you serious? yes I am, that it the 1st thing I looked for.) It was clearly a doe. I pulled over and inspected the damage of the mustang, and to be honest there was less damage than I expected. I ran back and drug the deer off the road. Then I got in my car and for the first time I swore, and you do NOT wanna know what words came outta my mouth. The stallion was still drive able and I drove home with a broken heart, and hoped that I didn't pass anyone I knew, which is impossible living in Panguitch.



The next journey for the Mustang is to head down to Circleville to Joe Dalton to get repaired. Go with God mustang, and blessed be thy journey!

Guts and Goo on the Windshield... some of it splashed on meThe DamageThe Doe

6 Remarks:

Danielle and Fam said...

Oh Joni...It really was inevitable wasn't it? At least you have it out of the way now, and hopefully it never happens again. Sorry for the doe though it should have never gone up against the mustang.

Kiana Don said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU DIDN'T LET THIS TRAGEDY HAPPEN W/O SNAPPING SOME GREAT PHOTOS! Ha ha! I'm glad you did. Poor little Mustang!
God Speed!

Nat said...

Corinne & I offer our sincere condolences for the injuries suffered by your mighty stang. And for your broken heart. We wish for a speedy recovery!

Nat said...

Oh yeah... and we think that you are so buff if you carried the deer off the road single handedly! You are supergirl!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Thank GOD for insurance!! :) Glad ur OK! :)

Greg said...

There comes a time in every persons relationship with their ride that limits are pushed, and the deep bonds of love tested. A lesser person would have blamed the deer and moved on with life...unwhittingly damaging that relationhsip by not recognizing how Stang threw himself mercilessly in front of that potentially deadly wild beast! Way to take one for the team Stang...oh yeah and glad your ok and stuff.